The last few letters after the last dot in an email represent a type of top-level email is that just like top-level domains. An email ending with .Edu represents that the person with that email is a student or teacher at an educational institution. With an .Edu email you can enjoy many benefits offered by many brands and companies only for students or teachers. So getting a .edu email is very beneficial. We’ll show you how to get a .edu Email for free.
It is necessary for students to have a .edu email account with their names when they are a part of a college or a university. For them, it is easier to get a .edu Email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, because they are students. However, for those who want to have a .edu Email address with their names but are not students, they have come to the right place and this article is particularly for them which will help them to create an email account with the .edu domain without any trouble.
In this article, we have discussed a method with which you can get a .edu Email account with your name. The method is 100% working and the method is legal as well. When you follow this method, you will easily have a .edu Email with your name and you will have nothing to worry about. The method is easy to follow.
Why should one need to get a .Edu Email?
Before talking about how to get a .edu Email, let us first talk about why one needs to have a .edu Email and what are the benefits of having an email account with a .edu domain. The benefits of having a .edu Email are as follows:
1. GitHub Student Developer Pack
The full list of services includes the following:
- $50 Digital Ocean Coupon which will be expired after 12 months of creating an account. This offer is valid only for new accounts and not the old users.
- $15 Amazon AWS Coupon
- You also get free access to the CrowdFlower platform.
- DNSimple is also available to you and it offers you personal hosted DNS plan for two years which basically cost you $5 a month.
- Not only that, but you also get Bitnami which offers you Business 3 plan for a year which costs you $49 per month.
- You get unlimited private repositories if you a student. Otherwise, the GitHub charges about $7 per month for the same services.
- You also get $25 credit of HackHands which is a live programming help which will be available 24×7 to you.
- SendGrid Offers 15,000 free emails to the students per month in the student plan while you are a student.
- As a student, you get Microsoft Azure Cloud services and developer tools as well which include Visual Studio Community, Microsoft Azure and the rest of Microsoft developer tools.
- Travis CI, you can access the Private builds that charge you $69 per month, if you are a student.
- With orchestrate, you get access to the Developer account that costs $49 per month as a student. Orchestrate is a complete database portfolio which includes search, geolocation, time-series events, and graph queries through an API.
- Last but not least, while you are a student, you also get various offers from NameCheap.com. Through NameCheap, you get an offer of one year .ME domain name registration which costs you at $18.99 every year. In addition to that, you also get one year SSL certificate which costs you $10 per year.
This shows why you should get a .edu Email.
2. Amazon Student Pack
Another prime benefit of having a .Edu Email address is that you get the Amazon Student Pack. If you use a .edu Email address to sign up for your Amazon Student Account, you will get the premium account of Amazon Prime for free for the next six months. There are tons of advantages of having a free premium account and some of the benefits of the free premium account of Amazon Prime are mentioned below:
- You get free two-day shipping on tons of Amazon products.
- There are exclusive deals for students, you will have access to those exclusive student deals.
- You will get access to unlimited and instant streaming of TV shows, music, and movies.
- You can store unlimited photos with Amazon Prime Photos, thus, you do not even have to worry about your stored data.
LastPass is a popular site and when you have a .EDU Email address, you get major benefits from LastPass. LastPass gives a premium account for free to those users who have a .edu Email address.
You can get a .Edu Email and enjoy some offers from Apple. Saving money is always important and when you have a .Edu domain email address, you can save a lot of money for yourself on the purchase of Apple products. You might end up saving about $200 on Apple computers and other products.
5. Newegg Premier
You can also save $50 on the Newegg Premier by just signing in with your .edu Email address because it costs you $50 to get a one year Newegg Premier but you get it for free when you sign in with your student account. This is another reason why you should get a .Edu Email.
6. Microsoft DreamSpark
You will get tons of useful software and Microsoft Office 365 subscription absolutely free of cost when you grab Microsoft DreamSpark by simply logging into your student account and getting access to this deal.
These are not all the benefits of having an email account with a .edu domain name. There are tons of other benefits of having this as well. You get access to a lot of free domain names, and there are many other benefits of it as well and you must definitely check it out.
If you are a student then you should check out these shortcuts guides:
How to get a .Edu Email?
Now, let us talk about how one can get a .edu Email if he is not a student. You have nothing to worry about because, in this article, we will tell you how to do it without having any troubles. All you need to do is that you need to follow true steps that we have mentioned below and after that, you will be able to create an email account with .edu domain name and therefore, avail the benefits of having a student account. We have divided the steps into three parts and you need to read all the parts carefully. The steps which you need to follow are:
Click on this link below and sign up with your email.
Fill the details which you need to.
Note: If you are not a US citizen, you can use fake user details as well.[Note: you need to save name, username, and password somewhere because you might need it later]
Click on submit after filling the details
With this, part 1 of the tutorial on how to get a .Edu Email is completed and you need to move to part #2
Once you have created your account, you will have to log into the account which you have just created and then, you need to click on the Apply Now option which you can see on you screen.
Once you have clicked on apply now, you need to select any college that you see on the list and then, click on Apply.
Once you have clicked on Apply, you will see a new pop-up opening. There, you will have to click on Apply Now (or continue application) button.
You will be asked various personal questions which you have to fill in order to proceed. You do not have to fill in the right information, you can fill random information as well. Fill the details to move forward to the next part of the tutorial.
Once the information has been filled, you have to submit the video and then, you will move to part 3 of the tutorial.
Once you have successfully completed the application in the process of how to get a .Edu Email, you will have to put your signature or put your full name. After doing that, you will be taken to the redirect page with all the information which you have filled above. You will see your username and your temporary password under the student information. You will now have to note down or remember the username and password and various other details.
Once you have done that, you can go here and login and then, you will get your .edu email.
Note: You will be able to access your account after about 6 hours. So, if you try to log in before that, you will get an error saying username and password invalid.
Conclusion on How to get a .Edu Email
With that, you will get a student account and then, you can avail all the benefits of having a .edu Email address. Getting it is an easy process and if you want to get free access to premium accounts, you must definitely have an email with .edu domain name. Hopefully, you understood How to get a .Edu Email, for any other queries please mention in the comments below.