Ubuntu is a free and open-source operating system and Linus distribution based on Debian. Ubuntu operating system is mostly used by most of the techies and in the organizations for open-source development.
On the other hand, Android, a Google-based mobile operating system is widely used by a large number of people in the world and is the most used operating system in the world.
There are many apps that have been developed for android devices and most of them are restricted to the android platform only. So it is not possible to run those apps other platforms like Ubuntu. If you want to run those apps on Ubuntu-operated devices, you need to follow certain steps.
Today we are going to explain how to run Nox App Player on Ubuntu-operated devices.
Nox Player is one such application available in the market that helps you run android apps on Ubuntu-operated devices. Nox player is a type of android emulator. Android emulator is a software application that provides a platform for the top devices to operate as Android devices in order to accumulate the functioning of android games and applications on your device.
Linux is an open source platform that acts as an operating system. It is accessable from the internet. The Linux OS is used mainly for open source code development by programmers. Android essentially is a mobile operating system backed google. It happens to be the most widely used mobile OS in the world. There are a lot of applications that are exclusively developed in the android OS. These apps, no matter how useful are all restricted to the android platform for its use. You cannot run them on linux even if you wanted to.
Downloading the Nox Player
There is a profusion of apps and games that we can use on our android phones. In fact, the number of applications developed for android devices keeps increasing exponentially and is almost always unique. While running these apps are really useful, sometimes running them on our phone becomes rather cumbersome. If we could run them on our PCs we will be able to experience better screen size on one hand and get a host of other benefits. On the other hand, there is so much we can do because of apps that we cannot on our PCs because desktop versions of those apps don’t exist. Ideally, this is impossible- till a certain software called an emulator was developed.
An android emulator is a software application that acts as a virtual platform superimposed on the running devices. This emulation effectively allows your non-android device to get all the functionalities of an android device.
Nox Player is one of the best android emulators there is. Despite being relatively new, they are tough competitions to traditional emulators on the market like Bluestacks and comes armed with a host of secondary features like multiple screens- found nowhere else.
- You can download the Nox Player from its official page. For that, you need to search the term on google and open the official site to download.
- The Nox Player has 2 versions- online and offline installer. The online installer, as suggested by the name, requires an internet connection. It lets you connect with the internet and use the Nox Player. You will need an active internet connection with a good speed for smooth usage. The offline installer, on the other hand, is a heavy application that contains all the contents required for the app local and this enables you to run the application without an active internet connection.
- Now that you have selected one of the online or offline installers, you need to install it on your device. For that, you need to click on the download link of the Nox Player. After that, it will start installing the application on your device. Wait for a few moments to let the installation process finish.
- Now that you have installed the application on your device, it is ready for use. Open it and you can have access to the android device on your Ubuntu-operated device. You can run any android application or games you wish using the Nox Player which you were not able to earlier.
That’s it, the Nox Player has now been downloaded on your device and now you have attained the access to the wide variety of applications and games which earlier would run only on android devices. You can run any desired application you wish on your Ubuntu-operated system without worrying for any requirements as Nox Player is a completely different setup that makes your device function as an android device and lets you enjoy the features of an android device.
Nox App Player on Linux Download
If you want to use Nox Player on your Linux Device, you just need to follow some very simple steps:
- Download the Nox player from the official Nox download page.
- When you attempt to download you will see there are two options for installing Nox, one online and one offline.
- The online installer requires a steady internet connection. It will download the basic installation package but will connect to the internet every time the app starts.
- The offline version is a little heavy because it contains all the contents required for the running of the app locally. You can run this version without any internet connection.
- Click on the download link on the Nox player page and use it to install it on the operating system.
- After you have installed the application, you can start it and run the emulator.
- Once you finish installing the Nox App Player, you need to use a pre-existing Google account to log in or create a new one. After the installation is successfully completed we can launch the Nox App Player.
- Once inside the emulator, you can run whichever desired android application you want for as long as you want on the virtual android platform without a hitch.